- This event has passed.
July 26, 2013 @ 4:00 PM - July 28, 2013 @ 11:00 AM
Community Weekend 2013 is July 26th to 28th with options to stay with us earlier and later! Consider the Wanapitei Chateau as a vacation destination as well as a place to stay when dropping off or picking up a camper. Details are below.
THE GENERAL PLAN
Whether you’re welcoming July trips as they “come under the bridge” returning from points near and far, or are arriving early with your August campers (must stay at Chateau or on beach only, under continuous parental care, until August camp officially starts 4:00 pm July 29), here is what you can count on throughout your visit to Camp Wanapitei on lovely Lake Temagami:
- Stay in the rustic steamboat-era heritage Wanapitei Chateau, or in a tent at Chateau Point or on the beach (a limited number of tents available for rent)
- Savour delicious/nutritious breakfast, lunch, dinner and occasional snacks
- Enjoy access to the Chateau facilities and beach
- Take a canoe for a paddle around the lake or up the Red Squirrel river
- Go for a hike; pack a picnic lunch
- (Re-)kindle friendships with Wanapitei campers, leaders, family and friends
- Feel free to bring (and share if you like)your favourite beverage for sherry hour, dinnertime and/or porchside palavering (Chateau-side only)
- Repose, relax, rejuvenate
New This Year: to make things more fun, casual and affordable:
- Free camping/tenting on Chateau Point Saturday evening
- Reduced Chateau lodging rates Saturday night
- Free access to Chateau facilities and beach
- Complementary “Porch-side Pamper” treats Friday afternoon, with optional “tutored” wine tastings at cost by our own award-winning sommelier
- Casual BBQ and campfire Saturday evening
Please complete the booking form and submit it to [email protected] to secure your booking.
WANAPITEI COMMUNITY WEEKEND BOOKING FORM 2013
Thursday July 25
- 10:00 am: July Bay Trips paddle under the bridge
- 6:00 pm: Camp Banquet for campers, family, friends and staff (at the camp – i.e. on the camp-side)
- After-dinner: Camper awards, trip stories and skits
Friday July 26
- Morning: Say farewell to departing July campers after breakfast
- Daytime: Build up an appetite and thirst for Chateau-side fun later that evening. Go for a paddle, read a book, play on the beach.
- 4:00 pm: Pre-dinner Chateau “Porchside Pamper ” – exquisite appetizers, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie (complementary) with optional “tutored wine tasting” (at cost) led by long-time camp father (three VII graduates) J. Phillip Nicholson -winning Sommelier and shameless teller of bad jokes and outrageous stories, some of which may be vaguely funny and/or partially true (but not many)
- 7:00 pm: Chateau Dinner featuring delightful home-made cooking and dessert by the amazing Chateau culinary team, capped off by another round of artisanal cheeses and other surprise treats
Saturday July 27
- Morning and early afternoon: Optional paddling and hiking venture, starting after breakfast (fixings available to make up a picnic lunch, bring your own lifejacket/PFD if you can)
- 6:30 pm: BBQ dinner at the camp Dining Hall.
- After-dinner campfire: bring instruments, songs, stories, memories and good spirits
Sunday July 28
- Design Your Day,withfour options:Aggressively Active, Passively Active, Pretend Active and Openly Lazy. Paddle, play on the beach, hike the beautiful trails, sleep, read…
Monday July 29
- Throughout the day: get readyfor August camper arrivals and continueChateau relaxation, hiking/paddling
- 4:00 pm: Official start of Camp for campers registered.
- 7:00 pm: Chateau dinner for parents and other non–campers
Tuesday July 30
- Stay on for more holiday time at the Wanapitei Chateau.
Click HERE for the Chateau Booking Form (if you would like to stay for dates outside of Community Weekend.