- This event has passed.
Community Weekend 2014
July 25, 2014 @ 4:00 PM - July 27, 2014 @ 12:00 PM
Community Weekend 2014 is July 25th to 27th with options to stay with us earlier and later! Consider the Wanapitei Chateau as a vacation destination as well as a place to stay when dropping off or picking up a camper. Details are below.
Whether you’re welcoming July trips as they “come under the bridge” returning from points near and far, or are arriving early with your August campers (must stay at Chateau or on beach only, under continuous parental care, until August camp officially starts 4:00 pm July 28), here is what you can count on throughout your visit to Camp Wanapitei on lovely Lake Temagami:
- Stay in the rustic heritage Wanapitei Chateau, or in a tent at Chateau Point or on the beach (a limited number of tents available for rent)
- Delicious meals
- Enjoy access to the Chateau facilities and beach
- Take a canoe for a paddle around the lake or up the Red Squirrel River
- Go for a hike; pack a picnic lunch
- (Re-)kindle friendships with Wanapitei campers, leaders, family and friends
- Feel free to bring (and share if you like) your favourite beverages
- Free camping/tenting on Chateau Point Saturday evening
- Reduced Chateau lodging rates Saturday night
- Casual BBQ and campfire Saturday evening
Please complete the booking form and submit it to [email protected] to secure your booking.
Thursday July 24
- 10:00 am: July Bay Trips paddle under the bridge
- 6:00 pm: Camp Banquet for campers, family, friends and staff (at the camp – i.e. on the camp-side)
- After-dinner: Camper awards, trip stories and skits
Friday July 25
- Morning: July campers depart
- Daytime: Enjoy the site. Go for a paddle, read a book, play on the beach.
- 7:00 pm: Chateau Dinner featuring delightful home-made cooking and dessert by the amazing Chateau staff.
Saturday July 26
- Morning and early afternoon: Optional paddling and hiking, starting after breakfast (fixings available to make up a picnic lunch, bring your own lifejacket/PFD if you can)
- 6:30 pm: BBQ dinner at the camp Dining Hall.
- After-dinner campfire: bring instruments, songs, stories, memories and good spirits
Sunday July 27
- Design Your Day
Monday July 28
- 4:00 pm: Official start of August sessions
- 7:00 pm: Chateau dinner for parents and other non–campers
Tuesday July 29
- Stay on for more holiday time at the Wanapitei Chateau.