Working at Wanapitei
A season at Wanapitei is an incredibly rewarding experience. Our staff develop skills that translate well to the outside world, gaining confidence and leadership experience in a growth-oriented, inclusive community.
Interested in joining our community? APPLY NOW by hitting the link below and completing an application
Our hiring practices align with the following values:
• Integrity – Demonstrating honesty and fairness at all times.
• Respect – Recognizing and protecting the inherent worth of every person, including oneself.
• Responsibility – Being dependable and accountable for choices, actions and commitments.
• Inclusiveness – Fostering a sense of belonging for all.
• Caring – Building relationships and demonstrating concern for the needs of others.
• Openness – Ability and willingness to embrace new and different ideas and to be open to change.
Note: Accommodations can be made for applicants with disabilities, please indicate your accommodation needs when applying.
Trip Leader Certification Requirements
Certification Requirements – please plan ahead to ensure you are certified for summer!
All trip leaders need:
– CPR C plus a Wilderness First Aid certification (for first year staff this means a WFA, WAFA or WFR)
– Current Bronze cross
– Have camp leadership and trip leadership experience (WLIT program completion, VII program completion or equivalent)
River Runner Staff Additional Requirements (if you are a third year staff use this as your guideline)
– White Water Rescue Technician – II
Bay Trip Staff Additional Requirements
– ORCKA MW II or PC equivalent
– Two years (min) trip leading experience as staff
– White Water Rescue Technician – III
VI Staff Additional Requirements
– One leader must have ORCKA MW Instructor or PC equivalent
– Three years trip leading experience as staff
VII Staff Additional Requirements
– One leader must have ORCKA MW II Instructor (or equivalent)
– Four years of trip leadership experience as staff (or equivalent days leading)